Addictive Mobility is seeking job applicants in the following full time position. Please email with the job position in the subject heading. Must have 2+ years experience to apply.
Senior J2ME Programmer
As a Senior Mobile application developer, you will be part of a team creating ground-breaking social networking software for mobile devices (Java + Smartphones). You will design, implement and maintain applications that make uses of our Addictive Platform to deliver new experience on the mobile phone. You will follow up with latest industry developments for Open platforms (Facebook, Orkut, Myspace) and work with new mobile devices before they hit the market. You will work in a multi-cultural international team located in Canada and Pakistan.
- Strong Java/J2ME programming skills File I/O, Socket Programming, Rich Media, Image manipulation, Font manipulation.
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented design & object-oriented programming
- Good software/system troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with one of the following development platforms Symbian, Windows Mobile, BREW, additional to J2ME.
- Fluent in English, both written in spoken.
- Ability to work in a multinational team
- Self- & quick learner
- Ability to work under time pressure and take initiative
- Ability towards accepting RAD tools and languages other than Java.
- Ability to think outside of the box for a traditional requirement.
Strong candidates will also have the following:
- Strong Understanding of Ecplisple IDE for Java including J2ME plugin.
- Knowledge of Java RMIs and communication methods.
- Practical experience with application deployment in various platforms such as Nokia S60, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson etc.
- Strong understanding of OEM SDKs such as Sony Ericsson, Nokia etc.
- Familiarity with cross-platform software design principles
- Exposure to Agile software development methodologies
- Strong understanding of Java application containers such as JBoss, Tom Cat etc.
- Strong understanding of web servers such as Apache, Windows IIS etc.